Banner Advertising Terms & Conditions
Creative Technical Specifications
Please submit all advertising elements and URLs to email@example.com and include the following information with your submission:
- Advertiser Name
- Campaign/Product Name
- Advertising Elements (as individual files, ZIP archives, or via third party re-directs)
- All GIF/JPEG/SWF elements have the following restrictions
- Max filesize: 30Kb
- Dimensions: 728x90 (leaderboard), 300x250 (mpu), 468x60(banner), 160x600 (skyscraper)
Testing & Deadlines
Our Traffic team normally requires at least one full business day to test any third party re-direct and/or GIF/JPEG/SWF creative submissions. Please allow at least two days for this process prior to the ad start date. For example, creative/copy changes that should start on a Monday morning must be received by the preceding Thursday (GMT) and by Friday for third party re-directs. We require three full business days to test Rich Media solutions, third party served rich media such as Eyeblaster, Tangozebra, Motif, Unicast, CheckM8 and Point Roll, rich media file types, sponsorship/integration elements, and all other non-standard creative submissions. Please allow ample time for this process prior to promotion start date. One week advanced notice is recommended for new advertisers. Any element not meeting spec will be returned for revision, which may delay the expected live date. If you have any questions regarding creative submissions, please e-mail your sales rep or our Traffic Dept.
- Click-through tracking is not available on the following advertising elements: HTML advertising elements that use method=”POST” for form submittal. Rich media elements that use embedded or compiled URL information (Macromedia Flash creatives that do not use the FS command and or getURL() method, for example).
- Cache-busting is available automatically for pre-approved third party serving systems. Exception: third party served click URLs for hard-coded placements (text links, click-command etc.) are not cache busted.
- Publishers have different rich media acceptance requirements. Please consult Tangozebra, Eyeblaster or DART Motif website for the most current specifications.
What Is Not Appropriate For hippo.com.au Advertising Executions
- No ads can be placed on the employer section of hippo.com.au
- Placements of all advertisements on hippo.com.au are run of site.
- No ads from a direct business competitor of hippo.com.au as deemed by Hippo Jobs Holdings Pty Ltd.
- No recruitment-based advertisers, offers or search engines within two clicks of the job search page. This includes job searches, job boards, employment services, resume services and employer resources.
- hippo.com.au must approve all advertising content prior to posting on hippo.com.au, at Hippo's sole discretion. Once advertising content has been posted on hippo.com.au, Hippo Jobs reserves the right to remove any advertising content from hippo.com.au if it is determined that an advertiser does not meet Hippo Job’s advertising standards.
- Formats accepted are Gif, JPG, HTML, SWF (no forms).
- Sizes accepted are Banners (468 x 60 pixels) and Skyscrapers (160 x 600 pixels).
- Unauthorised or unapproved use of hippo.com.au and its trademarks or copyright (such as, talent, logos, and especially our hippo.com.au characters).
- Pornography advertisements (sex doesn't sell on hippo.com.au).
- Illegal drugs and associated industry advertisements (bong shops etc.)
- Potentially slanderous or libelous content.
- Breaches of existing copyright
- Graphic or implied violence.
- Tobacco advertisements (cigarettes, cigars, pipes, chewing tobacco, you get the idea).
- Market Research surveys – this includes pop-ups/pop-unders.
- 'Peer-to-peer' networks (apologies to Black Beard & co).
- Gambling advertisements of any kind.
- Liquor advertisements (yes beer and wine included). What may be considered inappropriate and will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis: Unreasonable or highly unlikely product or service claims.